Many people turn to YOGA to find solutions to their problems in increasing height. However Yoga does not guarantee 100% satisfaction in giving results, though many people believe that the stretch and release in the yogic exercises can result in increasing the height.
The fact about YOGA:
Yoga by its nature is a process that distributes energy to all the parts of the body and thus eases the body. Therefore yoga helps only in the working function of the body. This means that directly yoga cannot help you in increasing your height. However it does ease your body posture. What this means is that though yoga directly affects your height but it can actually affect your body posture in such a way that your body utilizes all the energy well and grow in height. Ofcourse if you generally stoop, yoga corrects your posture and makes you feel taller than you feel now.
So what exercises do you think can help you?
One of the exercises that many people tell you that helps you most is TADA ASAN. Well, of-course it does. But there is one exercise that holds the key to entire YOGA exercises. Well, what is it? Answer is simple – it is the SURYA NAMASKARA. Surya namaskara means the greetings offered to Sun. Sun is considered the giver and root of everything that is earthly, hence the name.
To perform any Yoga exercise you need to wear loose cotton dress. The results are great when you perform yoga on the floor or on sand (even sand) or on grass. Follow the breathing exactly as advised.
Now do the following steps one by one:
- Stand (if possible facing the sun) with both your feet touching each other – toe to toe, heel to heel.
- Bring the hands near your hear to do the namaskar or simply touch a palm with the other, index finger to index finger and little finger to little finger.
- Then INHALE and raise your arms upward.
- Now bend backwards, stretching arms above the head.
- EXHALE slowly while bending forward. Try to touch the earth keeping the hands inline with the feet and the head touching the knees. (Try as much as you can)
- INHALE and without a jerk smoothly move the right leg back away from your body.
- Keep the hands and left feet and also the right feet (only toes touching ground) firm. Now slowly raise the head as much as you can.
- Now slowly get head to the normal position.
- Push the left leg backwards to be parallel with the right leg now, only toes touching the ground. EXHALE while doing this.
- Keep the arms straight, raise your hips and align the head with your arms forming an arch. Push yourself up.
- Now EXHALE and lower your body to the floor. Touch the ground with your feet, knees, chest, forehead and of-course your palms.
- Inhale and slowly raise the head and bend backwards, as much as possible.
- Now push yourself up and rest only on your palms and feet. Push yourself as much as possible.
- Now INHALE and slowly bend the left leg at your knee. Now Bring your feet together, then lift the head upwards.
- EXHALE slowly and keeping hands firmly on the ground bringing both feet together to align them with the hands. Touch your head if possible to the knees.
- INHALE slowly and raise the arms upward. Slowly bend backward, stretching the arms above the head.
This is the best exercise to increase levels of comfort with your body postures. Practice this exercise daily at dawn or in the evening and see the results.